Catalina de Ribera Fountain, Seville

Description

In 1921, the architect Juan Talavera y Heredia used part of an old 16th-century fountain to create another fountain dedicated to Catalina de Ribera, founder of the Hospital de las Cinco Llagas.

Both, the wall of the gardens of the Reales Alcázares and the fountain had suffered major collapses that prevented access to the Paseo de Catalina de Ribera.

We therefore designed, supplied, and assembled Granshor counterweight towers to stabilise the fountain and counterweight tensioners to fix the garden wall.